Thursday, March 15, 2012

Taupo to Queenstown

We arrived to Queenstown with the bus on tuesday. We're gonna stay here for 5 nights in total so I'm enjoying late mornings and not having to pack your bag every day. Last night we went out for the last time with the bus group since from here people will be going to different directions. I'm happy though I still have two awesome german girls Marie and Alex coming with me in the same bus until Auckland. On sunday when we hop in the bus towards Invergargill we'll have a different driver also then. We said good bye to our chilled driver Trouble tuesday night.

During the last week I've been amazed again and again by the stunning views in this country. I survived the 19,4 km long Tongariro alpine crossing during which you could climb Mt. Doom (Lord of the Rings) but me and swedish Annalina found walking the whole track in the mountainous scenery was quite enough. After the trip continued to Wellington and we were lucky to catch the ferry even though the weather had been quite bad.

Tongariro crossing

The most stunning thing last week was though a day hike to Franz Josef glacier. It's one of the only glaciers in the world surrounded by rainforest. I bet I'm gonna come home quite fit after all this hiking!

I'm more than half way through my time in New Zealand but I'm sure I'll love Asia too. I've got so many more things to experience waiting for me. Eventhough travelling can be exhausting sometimes, I'm loving it :)

Our friend we saw from our tent window in Abel Tasman

Local magic mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment